The Dansville area has a vast array of attractions, activities and events to offer both our community
members as well as visitors to the area. There are community based opportunities for sporting & outdoor enthusiasts including a public golf course, numerous playgrounds, parks as well as facilities for baseball, soccer, football, track, tennis, and basketball as well as hiking and walking opportunities.
Just minutes south of the village is Stony Brook State Park with campground facilities. The park features hiking paths that border and crisscross Stony Brook’s gorge and rim, ample picnic spots, tennis & basetball courts, playgrounds and three miles of cross-country ski trails. Stony Brook’s nine waterfalls are also another wonderful reason to visit this local treasure.
Fishing, boating, hunting, and snowmobiling are awaiting you in our surrounding hillsides, local lakes and streams. Flying, soaring, and ballooning are also very popular in our valley and easily experienced at the Dansville Airport. Biking, both road and trail, are also a popular activity throughout the Dansville area.
Dansville also has a multitude of campgrounds in the immediate area. Each has their own unique assets and are a highlight for visitors to our area from Spring through Fall each year.
Between the Dogwood Festival in the spring and Winter in the Village, Dansville hosts a multitude of other events & festivals. Our downtown districts provide a variety of family friendly events as well as cultural opportunities. Our largest festival occurs during the Labor Day weekend, when more than 50 hot air balloons fill the skies as we host the New York State Festival of Balloons.
Come and enjoy all that we have to offer. Who knows, you may want to stay for a lifetime!
Explore All We Have To Offer!
- Check out our online Events Calendar.
- Discover our various attractions & see all the things to do.
- Visit our Events & Activities page to see the annual opportunities we offer.
- Explore Stony Brook State Park.
- Visit the Dansville Public Library.
- Tour the area by visiting our various historic sites and stop by the Dansville Area Historical Museum.
- Stroll around our Downtown District...grab something to eat, do a little shopping and catch a movie!